Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My favorite Saturday...

This past Saturday we got to do all of my favorite things.... 

First we went to the flea market to scope out the "treasures."  (I quote that because Kyle sometimes refers to the gems that can be found there as "stuff from people's garages."  And as you can guess, my comeback is the classic, "One man's trash is another man's treasure." Come to think of it, this exchange is about as predictable as the guy with the black top hat who sells vintage trunks and the smell of red hot dogs... all staples of the good ol' North Carolina flea market.  (I'm actually giddy right now thinking about it!)  And here are some of the treasures I found...














I'm so proud of myself for actually buying something this trip (the green broach and the dogwood broach below).














Then we went to the farmer's market and ate lunch at the seafood place (yum!).  We looked at the kale and collards, but in the end we weren't brave enough to buy anything except some tomatoes.














In the afternoon we went to the NCSU vs. Clemson basketball game and Kyle showed off his mad daddy skills.  Here he is feeding Owen and watching the game all while holding Owen in the Baby Bjorn.  Isn't he awesome!?  And I get to be married to him!

2 comments:

Adam and Natalie said...

Ha ha. Your attitudes toward the flea market sounds just like ours! I LOVE it and Adam will tolerate it. We ended up buying those hot dogs one time and it wasn't so bad for him after all! We've never tried the seafood place before. We were a little sketched out looking at it, but I guess we'll have to give it a try now!

Tucker Family said...

oh, how I love Saturday... and the flea market...and the farmer's market--- and every other kind of market! It's so great when my sister-in-law and I have so much in common! :)