Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lake Gaston with the Tuckers

July was a month of travels for us.  We spent over half the month away from home!  After Holden Beach with the Batchelors we headed to Lake Gaston with the Tuckers.  The Barkers were so sweet to let us use their beautiful house for a week!

Here's the whole crew:

What kid doesn't have great memories of taking baths with their cousins!?  We're starting these boys early.

Going out to enjoy the sun has never required so much gear for us since we've become parents! Here's Owen with his sun shield on: sunscreen + t-shirt + hat + umbrella!  And I'm happy to announce that Owen did not get burned at all this summer! (go figure!)

I can't brag too much about my parenting skills though.  I did let Owen learn how to climb his first flight of stairs at the Barker's house... 

We had such a blast bonding together...
...and with the ducks!

It was the perfect ending to a two-month-long sabbatical!  

3 comments:

Tucker Family said...

Awww!!! I wanna go back!!

Amy said...

Looks like you all have had an amazing summer!

Vonda said...

Great pics! You are so blessed to have such great in-laws too, Sarah! The pix of the whole gang is awesome!