Let me take a minute to update you on our big little man... I was totally inspired after Marty's "Mother's Morning Out" on Jan. 15 so I came home and put away the pack and play where Owen had been sleeping in our room! We started Owen on a three hour routine (eat, activity, sleep). I had read it all in Baby Wise, but didn't realize how to implement it until that day. It was like a lightbulb went off! Owen started sleeping through the night on Jan. 24 and he's been sleeping like a champ now from 12:00 until 6:00, which is wonderful! Any of you experienced mommies know when I can drop the 12:00 meal?
Owen is two and a half months old now and he has a couple new tricks...
...like sucking his thumb and rubbing his head at the same time! His left thumb is his favorite, although he does switch it up every once in a while. Yeah, he's amphibious like dat! :)
8 comments:
Owen-
You are growing up so fast! You look like such a grown little guy in your handsome church outfit. You'll be walking around with Noah before we know it!!
Love,
Aunt G
Both of ours were sleeping 12 hours at night by 3 months (i.e. 7-7 or 8-8) for the most part with a few random waking up nights, but I don't remember exactly how we were doing at 2.5 months.
I don't know about the sleeping thing, but I do know that if you aren't breastfeeding at all during the night you are likely to start ovulation again so if you want to hold off on another Owen, you might want to be careful.:-)
Sarah-
Hallelujah on sleeping through the night! I know that's a huge relief for you guys! He's getting so big and so cute! I think the next time we see him he'll be running around!
We miss you guys!
Melissa
He looks so big!
Hard to believe Josiah is only 5 1/2 months and I can't remember. I'm thinking full through the night, 10-12 hours, by 4-5 months. I was never so precisely scheduled as you are though.
I can help with the sleeping through the night stuff, especially since our boys are pretty close in age. We can chat in person (come over!) or through emails. Let me know if you want some help!
Hey Sarah, since Ella Rose is only 11 months old and I have another baby girl on the way in June, Baby Wise is fresh on my mind. I loved that book and it so worked for us! With Owen being 2 1/2 months old, you can just see if he will sleep past that Midnight feeding...if you're still waking him up, just let him sleep through and if he's waking up on his own, my biggest piece of advice is to make sure he is not sleeping too long for his naps during the day. Also try to feed him every 3-3.5 hours even if you have to wake him up...also make sure he is not falling asleep during the feeding (this is huge). He may not like it, but he will so be ready to sleep at night and he will be so wanting you to leave him alone. :) Also Sarah you probably are already doing this but a little nighttime routine is wonderful and it's not too soon to start that too...playtime with Mama and Daddy, bath, last feeding, then the baby knows what is going to happen every night and grows very comfortable with that. Any way, just some tidbits since I just went down this road not too long ago...hope that helps! Little Owen is already doing so great sleeping as well as he is but when he starts sleeping 10-12 hours a night, you will feel so much more rested yourself. And I just know you're such a great Mama, Sarah! Little Owen already looks so content! Vonda
Post a Comment